Tags

, , , , , , , ,

Today I have poured the plaster on the leaf moulds that I made yesterday. I’m quite excited to see how they turn it. It’s always a gamble to see whether any details are picked up or if you just get a silhouette of the shape you have cast.  I have also attempted to make a negative cast of the medal that I have been working on. There are a couple of area’s that I’m just not happy with, but at the same time I’m not able to get the tools in close enough to get the detail that I want. By doing a negative cast all the hard to reach area’s suddenly become the highest points of the medal, meaning that I can perfect them and then do another negative cast to get a perfect result … hopefully!

I’m always a little nervous when I do a negative cast. I’m never completely convinced that the two halves won’t just stick together never to be parted, but I’ve followed the same procedures that we did in Bulgaria so hopefully it should be fine.

I’m feeling a little pressured today. I’ve had a go at micro forging some tests for the root pieces. I’m not convinced it’s going to be a good effect, at least not with my forging. I’m going to have to practice a lot to get a good enough result for my final pieces.  I was feeling a little low after the forging so decided to do something that I knew I was good at. I made some test granulations on sticks and then twisted them together and soldered them to get a root effect. I was quite pleased with the result, I can definitely see the possibilities.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Advertisements