Tags

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

I’m really pleased with the way the resin tests I did yesterday have come out. The possibilities are making the brain cogs spin!

My favourite part of the test pieces is the distortion you get as you look through the resin at the metal inside. I’m happy so far with the way the roots will rest in the resin, so my next task is to tackle the colour issue. In the photo’s that I am trying to reproduce there is a milky filmy colour after a couple of days. I want to reproduce the photo’s as closely as possible, so need to find a way to get the same effect in the resin. I’m going to try to put some colour into the resin in an ice cube tray to see if I can get the same kind of look.  Not sure how this will work but I’m going to give it a go so at least if it doesn’t work I can cross that method off the list and go back to the drawing board.

I also made some more of the root formations and set them in the resin in the new gel flex mould. I’m excited to see how these turn out.

2013-05-26 14.34.40

Advertisements