Tags

, , , , , , , , ,

I’ve decided to do another weekly post for this week, as although stuff is happening it’s a bit ‘behind the scenes’ boring stuff that no one would be interested in.

Monday: Today al the brass granulations were made to imitate the seeds. I also filed and prepared the roots for stages 1 and 2 and enamelled the tops. They both got set in resin, I had some spare resin left over so I set a piece with granulations only in. Not sure what it is going to look like but it’s better than wasting. I also set more of the abstract blocks. I’m really enjoying playing with the colour in these pieces. It’s always a surprise to see what will come out of the mould. I’ve begun to work on the roots for stages 3 & 4 … it feels like I’m beginning to make some progress.

Tuesday: I’m so pleased with the pieces that came out yesterday. My favourite is the piece that wasn’t supposed to be with just the granulations in it. It’s really simple, but seems to draw the eye somehow. I’ve started to work on the other medals, I’m pleased with the progress of them so far.

Wednesday: A paperwork day!

Thursday: I’m trying to work out a way to represent the stage 3 roots. I’m thinking about soldering tiny pieces of wire around the main shaft but I’m not sure how they will hold up in the kiln. I think I’m going to need to do some experimentation with this to see what I can come up with. I’ve also been working on forging stages 3 & 4.

Friday: One of those days … Lots of running around but not much accomplished.

Advertisements