Tags

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The cast is finally complete!

I completed the cast today with the metal pour. All the medals cast ok, but they could of done with a couple more sprue’s in to help the metal reach all the parts of the mould easily enough. I’m looking forward to patinating and polishing them now, although it’s a lot easier to see the finished piece in my head now that they are made in metal. I’m quite impressed with them.

I also finished soldering and enamelling the roots. I was conscious of the silver being too close to the bottom of the pieces so I placed the roots how I wanted them on one of the wooden formers used to make the moulds before soldering. I really like them just on their own, so all kinds of idea’s are floating around about how to progress the design.

I just need to set these in resin now to complete the set.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Advertisements