I thought that seeing as the dreaded day of the loved up is looming around the corner I would take a little look at my selling venue, Folksy, and see what it had to offer. From my point of view if you are seeking a present for the woman in your life there is an abundance of flowers, teddies, chocolate, underwear, trinkets, jewellery … you name it and it’s there, but I always struggle buying something for the man in my life.
I know family members who give their partners flowers, the odd stuffed toy, but lets face it, it’s not really very male is it? Or am I gender stereotyping? Although my very patient husband says he loves what ever I decide to buy or make for him, I always feel a little bit odd in giving him something that is traditionally a female present. Add to that fact that he is the most awkward person to buy for ever … and well I have a problem.
I thought I would compile a little list of presents that I found, share some love to other makers and try to window shop for myself while I am at it.
- On a budget but want to show the love? What better way than a brew! Heart Shaped Tea Bags £3
- There is nothing like a handsome face, but how do you say that? How about on a mug. Hello Handsome Mug £8.50
- Love twists it’s way around your heart … Men’s Chunky Copper Twist Ring £15
- Somewhere to keep all the money he is going to spend on you? Men’s Moustache Wallet £6
- A leather phone case? Leather hand stitched phone case £20
A few ideas that don’t have to break the bank! Plus you would be buying handmade, which as a maker is something I am passionate about. Speaking of … just a small plug for my own making 😉 Don’t forget about my own Sweetheart Collection. They would make the perfect gift for the loved one in your life, delicate design in a choice of finishes. At an affordable price too.